Saturday evening I came home from my whirlwind trip to Santa Barbara, CA for an interview at Letter Perfect & Paper Ink. The interview went really well and there was a lot of positive things from it. SO, I feel pretty good about it. The interviewer had me do a 15 min test – design a business card under 15 mins and she like the overall design as well as everything else I presented to her.
The morning of my departure (I left in the evening), I had taken out scrapbook paper that had a handmade feel to it and printed my resume on it. I went the extra mile and printed on nice stationery since it is a stationery company. For the Minuteman Press position I had made my resume into an 8.5 x 5.5 booklet.
The evening after I received the invite, I learned my friend Gwen that I visited last September was going to be in the same proximity as I was in Santa Barbara. She was camping and was staying at the top of the hill where I was staying at the bottom. Thursday was SO hot that I slept late and got breakfast at Beachbreak Cafe and just walked the beach a little bit and then went home. Too hot to do anything really that day. The day of the interview was gorgeous and it was a lot easier to do things.
I met up with my friend Gwen at Sambo’s after the interview for mimosa’s to celebrate. We were comparing tarot notes as she is a reader too and at the end of the lunch the lady behind me turned around and asked if we could read her. We decided at 7 pm that evening that we’d meet and give her a reading. Afterwords, Gwen and I went deck shopping and I picked up Tarot of the Old Path as it was one of two decks that spoke to me for this particular reading. I don’t always buy a new deck for a new client, but Gwen wanted to go deck shopping anyway so I figured why not. It ended up being a 2 hr reading and walked away with $200 that Gwen and I split. I never had done a duo reading (two readers for one client). But it worked really well! Gwen knows a lot more about the systems than I do, and I just used my ability and experience with the cards and the knowledge that comes through. I’m not sure how much our client got out of the reading as she had been drinking and since alcohol shuts off my ability we couldn’t drink with her during the reading. Though I had a glass of wine or two afterwords and left for home. The whole trip was so synchronistic it made me wonder about the mojo bag I had blessed before I left on Tuesday evening for Wellesley.
A few weeks ago I performed a spell for the intention of finding employment before May 12th (the date that I was invited to the interview). For me, spells bend the light that is around you (as science has proposed that matter can be created from light) and help you attract the light that works best for you. That is my definition of spells and magick. As such, working with shapes and colors really work with this theory of magick because nature communicates through symbolism and archetypes. Anyway, in the mojo bag from the herb blend I had created previously for the spell I put:
– Alfalfa Leaf; money, prosperity- Benzoin: purification, soothing, dispelling anger
– Bergmot: money, prosperity, protection from evil & illness
– Meadowsweat: Increases chance of getting a job
– Pine Bark: clean breaks, new beginnings, prosperity, success, strength
And for crystals I had used the specimens that were in my crystal garden at Minuteman and then cleansed in my pyramid under the full moon…
– Citrine : Merchants Stone, Money energies, increase self-esteem, protect from negative energy from someone else’s abuse, open the mind to new thoughts, promote clarity of thought, attracting wealth and prosperity, promoting generosity, sharing good fortune, assists in fast money ventures, strengthens inner light and creativity, etc.
– Malachite : protection, absorbing negative energies, clear electromagnetic pollution and heals earth energies, a stone of travel and overcoming fears of flying, helps with jetlag and encourages smooth business travel, a stone for support for airplane and airline workers
– Tiger Eye : enhance our own personal power, release blocked creativity, and to bring good luck, prosperity, wealth and success.
– Quartz : harmony, balance, healing, releasing negative energy
– Carnelian : increase ambition, drive and confidence, protection from negative emotions, warmth, sociability, creativity and happiness, restore self-esteem, abundance
I definitely think the herbs + crystals worked their magick this trip. Especially powerful during the full moon which I believe was in scorpio which was all about death/rebirth and new beginnings.