So I have really sad news. My Starry Night Retreat/Residency has been rescinded because the person handling the applications didn’t understand what “Photographic Chemicals” meant…. and quickly skimmed past the Materials section. This came up because I had asked if there was a room that I could occupy down there to setup as an impromptu darkroom and they said darkrooms weren’t covered in their insurance, so that is why that had to rescind it. I just can’t believe my luck lately.
So much bad happened this month:
– I lost my job and because of something out of my control.
– My Guggenheim Fellowship didn’t get accepted.
– ALL of the exhibitions I had applied to over the winter were rejected (about 5-6 and my rejection rate is usually 1 of 3).
– My festival workshops almost didn’t happen because the communication regarding funding wasn’t clear. I was able to fix that on the spot, but it just created a big mess.
– And now my Truth or Consequences Residency was rescinded because of a comprehension error.
ALL my plans that I had for the last half of this year have grumbled and fallen apart. I feel like I have nothing… and the only thing that is keeping me occupied right now is my artwork. Yesterday for example I was able to finish a song that I had been working on for the last month or so.
I just want my life again. I want to be working in my field again and do my art on the side again. I want that stability I worked so hard for even if it was rocky, it got me further than staying in Wellesley would’ve did.